I’m off to explore beautiful Canada this Summer and I can’t wait! I’ve been to Canada few times on holiday before and this year I am heading to Toronto and Montreal.
Vegetarians on vacation
Whenever I travel abroad I always have to put some thought into what I am going to eat. If you aren’t vegetarian then this is not something you probably have to think about too much.
However, after having spent too many hours of my life meandering round various towns and cities across the world hopefully searching for a beacon of vegetarian friendliness, I have learned the a vegetarian’s motto should always be – ‘be prepared’.
Vegetarian restaurants in Toronto
I have never really found travelling in North America that easy a culinary task. However, I have always found that if you dig deep enough, there is usually a few good veggie options to be had.
A few places I have found online for Toronto include:
- Cafe 668 – had a look at their website which didn’t offer up much information – anyone been here and recommend it?
- Woodlot – menu looks really good, so this is going on my list. Anyone been here?
- Live Food Bar – Now this place looks quite hardcore veggie but I must say my kinda place too! Looking forward to going…
Vegetarian restaurants in Montreal
Now travelling to French Quebec is never something a veggie takes on lightly – have you ever tried to find good veggie food in France?!
However, having a quick look online it seems like there may be a few vegetarian surprises in Montreal.
- Aux Vivres – a vegan place (yes, vegan) in Montreal. Looks like it is a lunch place, though they are open in the evening, and they have a juice bar too.
- Bonny’s vegetarian restaurant – offers dine in and take out options. Menu looks interesting and quite global. Definitely going to check this place out!
Veggie places to eat in Canada
If anyone reading this has any good veggie tips to share for either Toronto or Montreal, please let me know. I’d love to try out as many vegetarian places to eat in Toronto and Montreal as possible.